How to get Student Passport in India? If you want to study in other countries, you need to get the Student Passport. So, if you don’t know How to apply for the student passport, don’t worry we have given the complete info regarding the Indian Student passport in this article. Student passport application form and the documents required for the student passport are given in the below sections of this page. After you apply for student passport, you can also get the student passport status on our site.
Online Student Passport
Many students in India are planning to study their post graduation/ MS in foreign countries. For this, the passport is mandatory. So, the students have to apply for the Passport while they are studying their graduation. This kind of Indian student passport is issued in short period. Students studying away from home, i.e., in Hostels, PG, etc may have many doubts about how to apply for Passport? You may confuse whether to provide residence address or the hostel address. In such cases, you just need to get a letter from the hostel warden or College principle, which serves as the Proof of residence. There may be a lot of such doubts so that you can find answers to all such questions on this page.
Important Steps To Apply Passport For Students
- Collect the original documents required for Student’s passport.
- Online Passport Registration.
- Visit the official site and schedule an appointment.
- Complete the application process carefully.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra on the appointment day.
- Submit all the documents at the PSK.
- At last, you have to get the Passport receipt and you can check the passport for students status online using the file number.
Student Passport Application Form
Usually, there will be both Online and Offline Applications process for the Passport application. But, the Online Application process is the fastest and easy when compared to the offline. Student always chooses the easiest way to apply for the passport. The Online student passport application is available on the official website. You need to fill the application form in online mode only. The student passport Application process is explained below.
Also, check Passport Status
Student’s Passport Application Process
The passport Application process for students is same as the general application process. But, there are slight variations in the list of documents required. We have clearly mentioned the student’s passport application process in 2 categories.
- Students Passport Registration
- Students passport application process
Registration Process For Student Passport in India
First of all, you have to register online for Passport Application. So, simply follow the below steps for student passport registration.
- Visit the official website http://www.passportindia.gov.in
- On the homepage, you will find the “New user registration now”
- Then, the Passport registration from opens.
- Select the passport type and fill the required details carefully.
- At last, you will get the user id and password.
- These are required until the passport application process is completed.
How To Apply for Student Passport?
Ater the successful completion of the Passport registration, you can start the student passport application process. Refer the below steps to apply passport for students.
- Passport registration is followed by the application process.
- Enter the registered id and password to login on the Passport Seva portal.
- Firstly, you need to click on the “Apply for fresh/ reissue of passport”.
- In the next step, we have to enter personal details and the family details.
- At last, the “Passport details” are obtained.
- Read them and in the self-declaration, you must select the appointment date and venue.
- You have to pay the student’s passport application fee in online mode only. The following are the 3 modes of Online fee payment.
- Internet Banking.
- Credit/ Debit Card.
- SBI Challen.
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application receipt which contains the Application reference Number or the Appointment Number.
- Take the Students passport online Application form along with the required documents, visit the Passport Seva Kendra on the student’s passport appointment day.
Note: Now, after this application process and verification at PSK, you can track the Student passport status Online on the home page of our site. The passport will reach you within 20-30 days.
To apply for normal passport, check How to apply for Passport
Students Passport Required Documents List
The following are the list of documents required for the Student Passport application. Make sure that you have all the documents with you before you apply for Passport.
- Water/ Electricity bill.
- Telephone bill.
- Income Tax assessment order.
- Photo ID/ voter ID.
- Age Proof.
- Adhar Card.
- Bank account passbook Xerox
You can submit any one of the above proof as the Address proof. But, it must be your current residential address. If the student is minor you can use the parent’s ID proof.
Date Of Birth Proof
- Date of Birth certificate by local municipal authority.
- SSC/ SSLC issued by recognized education institution.
Other Student Passport Documents
The given below documents are compulsory for the Students who apply for Passport.
- Bonified Certificate issued by the College Principal.
- College ID Card.
Note: Adhar Card/ e-Adhar will be accepted as both the Proof Of Identity (POI) and the Proof of Address (POA).
More on Documents required for Passport
Student Passport Application Fee
The application fee for the student’s passport i.e, the fresh passport is Rs. 1500/-. This student’s passport fee must be paid through online before the passport appointment is scheduled. Remember that the passport application fee payment is only through online.
More on Passport Fees
Student Passport Renewal
Usually, the Indian Passport is issued for 10 years from the date of issuing. Before that, you can’t renewal the passport. In the same way, the renewal of student passport is after 10years. Then, the current passport is canceled and you will be sanctioned a new passport.
Student Passport Applicants Mela
The majority of the passport applicants are Students. So, sometimes the regional passport office will organize the passport Mela so that all the students will get the passport easily. Through this Passport Mela, you will get some passport benefits for students. The passport Mela is for both tatkal & the normal applicants.
For furthermore, updates regarding the passport application process keep visiting our site.
FAQs for Student Passport
1. If my passport is getting expired. Can I apply for a Reissue of Passport?
Ans: You can apply for re-issue of passport within two years expiry of your passport. In a case of the other applicants, they can apply for a re-issue of passport within one year of the expiry of the existing passport.
2. I am a student and I am staying way from my parents. I want to apply for a Passport. What proofs I have to submit?
Ans: You can apply for a passport at any Passport Seva Kendra in your State. If you are studying in one place and your parents are living in another place, you can apply for a passport from both places. But you have to submit your hostel or staying place proof and your home address proof. Along with the proofs, you should also submit a Bonafide letter which is signed by the higher authority of a recognized college.