Is your Passport expired? Then you can check for the Passport Renewal Process here. In our site, we have provided an online procedure to complete the renewal process easily. So, by following the steps which are below you can successfully complete the Online Renewal process. By completing the process, you can get a new passport. Thus, check the Passport Renewal Documents list below. Therefore, only after re-issuing of Passport, you are eligible to go to any foreign countries. Also, Verify the Renewal Application fee from the below sections.
Online Passport Renewal Process
The Passport is mandatory for those individuals who want to go to Foreign countries to continue their higher studies. So, it is important to have Passport with them. They should check their passport validity period (i.e. from which year to which year). We all know that the Indian Passport Validity period is 10 years. Therefore, after completing 10 years, you can’t use that passport. At that time they should apply for Passport Renewal. Such that they can get a new passport after renewal. But they should complete the online application form and submit some documents which help them in getting Passport.
Here we have explained the online Renewal Passport Application Process. So, follow the stepwise procedure to complete the process. Once, you have applied you can check the Passport Status here.
Renewal of Passport Online Application Process
The interested applicants can fill an application form through online. After that, the applicants have to pay the application fee and also have to book a slot for submitting Documents. There are mainly five steps to complete the application process.
How to Register Online for Passport Renewal
- First of all, you need to register online for Passport Renewal in Passport Seva Website.
- If you are existing user, then register with your username and password and click on login.
- Otherwise, if you are a new user then click on “New User Register now.”
- Later, while registering you have to enter the basic details like name and date of birth.
- Then it will send user ID and password to the email address which you have given in registering process.
- After that activate your account by the link provided in the email.
- So, once you have logged in then you have to click on “Apply for Reissue/Fresh Passport of Passport.”
Fill Passport Renewal Application form
- There are mainly two methods for filling the application form. (i.e offline or online) It does not matter what method you use. But both methods will provide same results.
- The only one difference is for online and offline is that in the offline process you have to download the form and fill the details. But in online you can fill the application in online mode.
- Also, you have to fill the current address details in the application form.
- Then you can update your details in case if you have to change any details. Like if you want to change your Spouse name then you can update.
- You have to provide two references. Along with their names, you have to mention their phone numbers and address. In case if Police Verification is required then these people will be contacted.
- If you are filling the application form through online, then one thing you have to remember is when you enter your city name or village name. You must click on validate and save the form.
- Then you need to upload the document to the same page where you have downloaded it from. Later the details automatically appears in the online form.
- So, verify all the details once because after this step you can’t change anything.
Make Payment and Book your Slot
- During Passport Renewal Application process you have to pay Application fee depending on the no.of pages.
- That is for 32 pages the fee is Rs.1500/- and for 60 pages the fee is Rs.2000/-.
- After that, you need to book a slot for submitting the documents. For that, you have to click on “Schedule Appointment.”
- Then select your slot which is convenient to you. Once you have selected your particular slot, then your appointment is confirmed.
- Once after completing the process and submitting all the documents. Your Passport validity period is extended, and the new passport is assigned to you with the same old Passport number.
List of Required Documents for Passport Reissue or Renewal
- The original old Passport which is expired.
- You need to carry the photocopy of first two pages, & last two pages.
- For address proof, you can carry any one from the list i.e.
- Adhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Ration Card with address
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Along with this, they should carry a self-attested photocopy of the page of observation if any made by passport issuing authority.
- Also, a self-attested photocopy of the validity extension page if any in respect of short validity passport.
The proof of documents eliminates the cause of insurance of SVP(Short Validity Passport)
The candidates need to carry these documents required for renewal of passport. Passport Seva Kendra site is providing the list of documents for passport renewal. From that, we have provided the passport renewal documents list above. If you applied for Passport Renewal online, then it is important to carry a copy of your online application for verification along with the required documents. If you are a fresh applicant check Passport Application Process here.
Short Validity Passport
The Short Validity Passport is a passport which is issued for a short period. i.e. Mainly the Short Validity Passport are issued in certain cases such as Students who are appearing for exams like SAT, TOEFL, etc., Indians who are having a permanent house in aboard are like to visit India, and Applicants those who have a criminal case which is pending in a court.
Validity of Renewal of SVP (Short Validity Passport)
Mainly the validity of Renewal of Short Validity Passport depends on the Assistant Passport officer discretion or RPO. Therefore the maximum Validity Period will be 10 years.
Process & Fees to Renewal of Short Validity Passport
The renewal process is quite easier for Short Validity Passport. Only you need to visit the Passport Seva Kendra and fill the Renewal application form of SVP.
The Candidates need not pay any fee for Renewal of Short Validity Passport. As the candidates do not issue any new booklet. So, the Renewal Process is free.
Frequency Asked Questions – Renewal of Passport
The Candidates who have applied for Passport Renewal will have some doubts regarding their passport. So, here we have given some FAQ’s which may help in providing answers to your questions.
What is the validity period of my Passport after renewal?
Generally, the Passport Validity would be decided by the RPO/Assistant Passport Officer. Thus, the maximum validity period of Passport is 10 years.
Is Passport Agent required to renew my Passport?
As now the Passport Renewal Process is very transparency and easy. So, there is no need for any Passport agent for renewal of Passport. You can complete the renewal Process by yourself.
How will I receive my Passport after Renewal?
You will receive new Passport. During Verification, you need to bring the old Passport then they will cancel that Passport. But you have to keep the old Passport in Safer Place.
Do I have to submit my original documents during Verification?
You have to submit only the self-attested documents during verification Process. But you need to show original documents for verification. So, after completing the verification Process they will return the original documents to you.
What are charges for Renewal of Passport?
There are charges for Passport Renewal. The cost of the booklet containing 32 page is Rs.1500/- and for 60 pages the cost is Rs. 2000/-.