Passport Name Change is available here. People who are looking forward to modifying the name in Passport can change now. Before applying for a Name Change Application know the procedure and required documents. Read the complete article to know more details about the procedure of Passport Name Change.
Passport is an important identity which is given by the government for every citizen. It contains the person’s name, date of birth, address, photo, signature, mobile number, and some other details. If you have a wish to study or travel in foreign countries, you have to apply for a Passport. So, one should apply for a passport to fulfill their wish. When you are living in other countries, your passport is the main identity for you. If you entered into any country without a passport, their countries government would take severe action on you. Therefore, the business holders who have links with international countries must have the passport. Without Passport, you are not allowed to any other country.
The individuals who want to apply for a passport can apply in 2 ways. One is the Online process and the another one is the offline process. We are providing the application process in the below sections. Therefore, the interested people can utilize the provided information while applying for a Fresh or Re-issue of Passport. If there are any mistakes or misprints occurs in your passport, you can change them. Therefore, you can apply for a Re-issue of Passport to change the name in Passport. Hence, follow the below sections to know the Passport Name Change Process, documents list, and fee details.
Passport Name Change
Every individual who wants to change their name in the passport can apply for reissue of passport. Ladies can change their name in passport after marriage. People can also apply for re-issue passport if there are any mistakes occurs in the middle name or surname. A marriage certificate is necessary for changing the name in passport. For changing the Middle name or Surname a valid proof is mandatory. Therefore, you need to apply for Re-issue Passport for making any changes in the existing passport. So, follow the below sections to know the procedure for Name Change in Passport. Also, you can check how to make Passport Address Change.
Passport Name Change after Marriage
People who are looking to change their name due to marriage can follow the below steps for Name Change in Passport. For the sake of those people, we are providing some simple processing steps on this page. Hence, follow the below sessions to know those processing steps.
Steps to Change Name in Passport after Marriage
- First of all, go official website – www.passportindia.gov.in.
- Search for the Reissue of Passport Application from.
- Download the Application form from the official website.
- You can also take the application from Passport Seva Kendra.
- If you want to apply offline, download the application.
- Put a tick mark at re-issue column box.
- Put a tick mark on corresponding boxes to know that you are applying for Name Change In Passport.
- Attach the necessary documents along with the application form.
- Submit it at the Passport Seva Kendra and pay the application fee through cash.
- If you want to apply through the online process, fill the online application form.
- Pay the application fee through demand draft or Credit Card or SBI Bank or Associated banks.
- Attend for verification.
- Finally, you can get your new passport through courier.
Middle Name or Surname Change in Passport
The Individuals he/she who want to change their surname or middle name can change now. If you don’t know the process of changing the name in Passport, you can follow the below steps. We are providing some simple and easy processing steps in the below sections. So, every individual can easily understand the following steps. Therefore, utilize the below steps while applying for the Name change in Passport application form.
- Go to the official website – www.passportindia.gov.in.
- Download the Re-issue of Passport application form.
- Fill the application form without any mistakes.
- To identify that you are applying for the Middle name or Surname Change in Passport, put a tick mark in the corresponding boxes.
- Submit at the Passport Seva Kendra Office.
- Pay the application fee through online or offline.
- Box the appointment and attend for the verification process.
- Finally, the Passport Seva Kendra officers will send your New Passport to your address via courier.
Also, check Passport Status
Required Documents for Name Change in Passport
To change the name in passport, it needs some documents. The necessary documents for Passport Name Change are listed below. So, gather all the below documents before applying for the Name change in a passport application.
Necessary Documents for Surname or Middle Name Change
- A copy of Original Passport along with the passport first two pages and last two pages self-attested copies.
- Based on the reason, you have to submit the documents from the below list.
- In a case of a woman, she has to submit her husband’s passport and a copy of the marriage certificate with joint photo or equivalent affidavit.
- If in a case of divorce, he/she have to submit a photocopy of the Decree of Divorce along with a deed poll Annexure E or a sworn affidavit.
- In a case of remarriage, the individuals have to submit a copy of Death certificate or Divorce Decree along with the second marriage proof.
- If you are not applying for any of the above circumstances, then they have to submit the sworn affidavit or deep poll along with the original advertisement in two newspapers regarding Name change in Passport.
Documents for Name Change After Marriage
- A copy of present passport along with the husband’s passport photocopy.
- Marriage Certificate photocopy along with supporting evidence like marriage card or joint photo.
Required Documents for Spouse Name Change in Passport
The people who want to change their spouse name or want to print their spouse name in the passport can apply for re-issue passport. Therefore, you have to submit the below documents along with the application form. So, before applying everyone should gather the necessary documents.
- A Marriage Certificate issued by the Indian post or mission abroad.
- Certificate of marriage issued by the Indian authorities such as Registrar of Marriage or Marriage Officer.
- If in a case of marriage certificate issued by the Foreign government the following documents are necessary.
- Marriage certificate issued by the Indian Mission or Post in the jurisdiction.
- Certificate issued by Foreign Embassy or Consulate or High Commission of that particular country in India.
Documents Required to remove the Spouse name from the passport
The Passport holders who want to remove their spouse name in the passport can apply for re-issue of a passport. The following documents are necessary while submitting the application form. Therefore, collect the below documents before applying for the re-issue of passport.
- A divorce decree certificate issued by the court.
- Deed poll or sworn affidavit according to the Annexure E form.
- The people who are applying for the name change in a passport can submit the above-listed documents either online, or you can directly submit at the Passport Seva Kendra.
- The individuals can collect their new passport with name change through courier.
Passport Name Change FAQs
1.What is meant by alias name?
Ans: If a person is called by any other name in addition to his/her real name or official name comes under the category of the alias name. For example, if a person name is Ravi Kumar and he is known as Ravi in his neighborhood. Here Ravi is termed as an alias name.
2.Can we print alias name on the passport or not?
Ans: The alias name printing on the passport is discontinued by the passport officers. Only the applicant’s real name or official name is printed on the passport.
3.What is the purpose of Alias name in the passport application form?
Ans: At the time of the police verification, the alias name of the person is helpful for them for verification.
4.Are any documents required in the alias name for the passport?
Ans: No. There is no need to provide any additional documents to verify his or her alias name.
5. Are there any documents required to submit for the Name change in Passport?
Ans: Yes. For changing the name in a passport, the applicants have to submit the required documents.