Do you want to apply for Passport Online? Get the complete information regarding the Online/ Offline Passport Application process in this article. Before you apply for the passport, you need to know the guidelines to fill Passport Application form. So, you can find such instructions to fill the Application form and the Online Passport registration process in the below sections of this page. The Online Passport Application form and also step by step process to apply for Indian Passport online are clearly explained.
Passport Application Online
The Indian passport is a travel document which is issued by the government of India. For the purpose of the International travel, the passport is compulsory. Hence, this passport online application is necessary for all kinds of individuals. Without this Passport, traveling to other states/ countries is not possible. In olden days, getting a passport is a very complicated thing, but nowadays it became so easy through the Online Application process. Passport Online Application can be done in a simple way if you follow the steps given below. So that you will get the passport within a less period of time.
How To Apply For Passport?
There will be two modes for the Passport application i.e, Online Passport Application and the Offline Passport Application. Based on your convenience, you can choose one Passport process. So, we have given the steps for Passport Online Application & Passport Offline Application. To make your application process easy we have provided the passport Application form Online & Offline. We have also shared the direct links to visit the official site.
Online Passport Registration
The first step of the Online Application for Passport is the Passport Registration. To apply for the passport Online the Passport application form Online registration is mandatory. If your Registration for Passport online is over, you will get a Passport Login ID which is necessary to get an Online passport application form. The passport online application is so simple if you follow the steps below.
Passport Registration Online Process
- First of all, go to the passport Seva official site or click here
- On the top left of the Passport Seva homepage, you will find a “New User Register Now” as shown below.
- Click on it.
- Now a new window appears as below, which is the Online passport registration form.
- Firstly, you have to select the passport office (as per the present residential Address) using the drop-down list.
- Carefully enter the other details in the columns provided.
- The following are the details required for the Passport registration Oline.
- Passport Office.
- Name along with the surname.
- Date of Birth.
- Email ID.
- After entering the above details you have to enter login ID and password.
- You may use your personal Email id as the passport login ID.
- Then, you have to select the hint question using the drop-down list and enter the answer which is for the security purpose.
- Again recheck the details.
- Finally, enter the captcha code and click on “Register”.
- Now, the registration process is successful, and you will get the Passport login ID and password.
- After this registration, you will get the passport application home page. You may continue the process or simply log out and you can continue the application process whenever you are free.
Note: You have to remember this login ID and password till the passport Online application process is completed. So, note these details on a piece of paper and keep it safe. If you want to apply for Passport through tatkal, make use of the below link.
Online Passport Application
After the registration process, using the login ID and the password you can apply for the Passport through Online. Online passport application form submission has 2 modes.
- Online Form Submission.
- eform Submission.
How to apply for Passport – Online Form Submission
- First of all, visit the Passport Seva official website.
- Then, log in to the Online Passport Seva portal with the registered login ID.
- After successful login click on “Apply for fresh/ reissue of passport” link.
- Select the passport type and click Next.
- Carefully, enter the “personal details” and click on save my details. So that all your details are saved permanently.
- In the next step, you have to enter the “family details” such as the surname, father’s name, and mothers name.
- Click on next.
- Now, you have to enter the “emergency contact details“.
- The next step is the “Reference”, where you have to enter the reference i.e, address/ Email id/ mobile number of your neighbours, etc.
- Then, click on next, the new page opens with the title “Previous Passport.” In that page, you have to select “no”.
- Click on next; then you need to enter “Other details”.
- At last, all the details entered by you will appear on the page which is titled as “Passport Verification details“.
- Carefully check all your details and click “Next” again.
- Next step is the “self-declaration“, there you have to enter the place and date for the Passport appointment.
- Read the declaration, select the checkbox and submit the form.
- After the form submission, you have to click on “Pay & Scheduled Appointment“.
- Make payment only through online. The Passport application online payment can be done in the following 3 modes.
- Credit/ Debit card.
- Internet Banking.
- SBI Bank Challan.
- After the payment click on “Print Application Receipt.”
- Then, take a print out of the Application where you find the Application Reference Number (ARN)/ Appointment Number.
- Keep the ARN safe and “visit the Passport Seva Kendra”/ Regional Passport Office (RPO) where the passport appointment is scheduled.
- Don’t forget to take the original Documents along with the Passport application.
Click here to get the List of documents: “Required Documents to apply for Passport”
Passport Online Application Form – e-form Submission
For this type of Online Passport Application form, you need to download e-form. So, to download the form click on the link below or visit the Passport Seva website. Then, follow the steps below to submit the Indian Passport Application Form. Therefore, it will be easy for you to apply online passport application form.
- First of all, fill the downloaded e-form without any mistakes and click on “Save & Validate” button.
- Then, it will generate an XML file.
- The XML file is used to upload the Passport application (Do not use the PDF format).
- Now, you have to log in to the Passport Seva Portal through the registered login ID and password.
- Click on”Upload e-form” and upload the generated XML file.
- On the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen you will find the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link.
- Click on that link to schedule the appointment.
- Online payment is mandatory for the booking appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra’s.
- The following are the modes of Online Payment.
- SBI Bank Challan.
- Debit/ Credit Card.
- Net Banking.
- After the successful payment click on the “Print Application Receipt“.
- The application receipt contains the Application Reference Number/ Appointment number.
- Finally, visit the Passport Seva Kendra along with the required documents without fail.
After the successful completion of the Passport Application Process Online and Verification at PSK, you can track Passport status from time to time on the home page of our site.
Offline Passport Application Process
Many people prefer the Passport Application Online. But, few people who can not access the internet can’t apply for Online passport application. So, for such people, we have given the step by step process for Passport Offline Application. Use the below link to download the Passport application form or visit www.passportindia.gov.in. Otherwise, you can buy the passport application at DPC Center. The Passport application cost is Rs.10/-. Then, follow the steps below to know “How to Apply for Passport Offline.” Refer the below steps to get a clear idea about the Indian Passport Application Offline Process. Remember that the Application form for Passport must be the new format.
- Click on the link below and download the passport offline application form.
- Take print out on A4 paper.
- Before you fill the form just read the “instructions to fill the Passport application form” mentioned below.
- Then, fill the form carefully and affix the photograph on it.
- Within the designated box, You should sign or fill with Thumb impression.
- Attach the required documents to it and submit it at the District Passport Cell (DPC)/Speed Post Centre (SPC)/ Citizen Service Centre (CSC).
- You can pay the Offline Passport application fee through DD.
- Finally, you receive an Acknowledgement receipt with File number.
Note: Keep the File number safe, because you “track Application Staus” through online on the home page of our site.
Offline Passport Application Submission Centers
- District Passport Cell (DPC).
- Speed Post Centre (SPC).
- Citizen Service Centre (CSC).
After you fill the Passport Application form, you can submit them at one of the above centres.
Instructions To Fill Passport Application Form
How to Fill Passport Application Form? The Application for Passport Offline is scanned by the machine. So, it is mandatory to follow the below Passport Application guidelines when you fill the Application form passport.
- Use only capital letters while filling the columns in the Passport application form.
- Avoid spelling mistakes.
- You must use either a black or a blue pen only.
- Do not use pencil or gel ink.
- After you write a word you must leave a block.
- Write the letters within the block only.
- Do not overwrite and do not write outside of the box.
- Paste only one color photo on the application.
- The photo on the passport Application form must be 4.5 cm length, 3.5 cm width.
- White background and good quality photo must be affixed.
Online Passport Application Fee
|Category||Application Fee||Tatkal Fee|
|Fresh Passport/Re-issue||Rs. 1500/-||Rs.2000/-|
|Fresh passport /Re-issue of Passport||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|Minors Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|Replacement of Passport||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)||Rs. 500/-||–|
|Replacement of Passport||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|For Minor Replacement of Passport||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 2000/-|
The passport application fee is not the same for all categories. So, we have given the Online passport application fee in the above table. All the fee details given above are for the booklet of 36 pages. If you want more pages for the exhaustion of the Visa, check the official site of Passport Seva.
How To Apply for Official /Diplomatic Passport Online
The Diplomatic Passports are issued for the Diplomats on behalf of the Government of India. Diplomatic/ Official passports are issued to the individuals who travel to other countries on the official business matters. This official passport will enable the individuals to travel under the government protection. The Diplomatic passport will serve as an identity proof. Follow the stepwise process below to apply for the Online official passport.
- Firstly, go to the passport Seva Kendra official website.
- On the Home page, click on “register now”.
- Complete the registration process, then you will get a login id and password.
- Applicants must select “Apply for Diplomatic/Official Passport”.
- Complete the Application form carefully.
- Take a printout of the application form on “View Saved/Submitted Applications” page.
- Attach the documents required and take it to the Consular Passport and Visa Division, Patiala House, New Delhi Passport Office.
List Of Passport Offices In India- Regional Passport Offices (RPO)
Hence, the above-mentioned list of Passport offices helpful for you to select Passport office during the registration process. Otherwise, you can select the Passport office which is nearest to your residence.
FAQ’s on Passport Application
What is PSK/ Passport Seva Kendra?
The Passport Seva Kendra’s are commonly known as the PSK’s. These are the extended services to the passport office. So, these offers the front end services to sanction passports. The Functionalities of the Passport Seva Kendra starts at token issuance of the passport application.
What is Passport Office?
The Passport Offices handle the back end functionalities required for the passport application process. The following are the Responsibilities of the Passport Office (PO).
Where can I Submit the Passport Application form?
You can submit the Application through Online in the Passport Seva Portal.
What are the various ways to apply for PCC?
You can apply for passport application through the Online Form submission or the e-form submission.
Where should I Submit the Official/ Diplomatic Passport application form?
Passport and Visa (CPV) Division,
Can someone else submit my passport application on my behalf?
No, it is mandatory for the applicant to visit the passport Seva Kendra to submit the Passport application print receipt along with the passport required documents.
What should I do to add my spouse name on my passport?
To add the spouse name or to add personal details you need to apply for the reissue of the Passport.
Can I apply for the Online Renewal of Passport?
Yes, you can apply for online Re-issue/ Renewal by following the same process as the fresh passport.
What is the Passport Seva Official Website?
Can I apply for the passport at passport office?
No, you have to apply for Passport at the Passport Seva Kendra only.
What are the different types of passport application forms handled at Passport Office?
Special Purpose passport to visit other countries like Taiwan/ Israel.
Official & Diplomatic Passport.
Processing complex cases.
Processing DPC (District passport Cell) applications.