Have you lost your passport?/ Your passport is damaged/ stolen? Don’t worry. Getting Duplicate Indian Passport is so easy. You will definitely get it back in 6-8 weeks. If you have an Emergency need of travel you can get the duplicate passport quickly through the Passport tatkal scheme. Complete Online Duplicate passport Renewal process is clearly explained on this page. Scroll down this page, and get the entire info regarding the duplicate passport application process, documents required for the Duplicate passport & Passport Police verification.
Duplicate Passport India
The duplicate passport is issued if the passport is lost or damaged. Any individual may lose their passport in their life. Then, the first thing you have to do is you need to file a report in the police station or at the passport office immediately. So that you may get the lost passport back in few days. If you have not received the lost passport back then you can apply for the Online Duplicate Passport. The process for the Duplicate passport application is same as the fresh passport application. Just you need to do is, you have to select the Reissue option while applying. As you are familiar with the Fresh Passport Application, rest of the process is the same.
Who can Apply For Duplicate Passport?
Any individual can apply for the Duplicate passport if the passport is lost. In case the passport is damaged you may apply for Passport renewal. There are both online and offline processes for the reissue or renewal of passport.
Reasons To Apply For Duplicate Passport
- Validity Expired within 3 years/Due to Expire.
- Validity Expired more than 3 years ago.
- Change in Existing Personal Particulars.
- Exhaustion of Pages.
- Lost Passport.
- Damaged Passport.
There may be several reasons for applying for Duplicate Passport. You need to select the proper reason while applying for Passport. Therefore, we have given the specific reasons for Passport Reissue.
Damaged & Lost Passport
If you have left somewhere or if someone has stolen your passport these will come under the category of the lost Passport. If the passport is damaged you need to select the extent of the damage. So, we have given damaged passport categories. The following are the categories of the damaged Passport.
- Damaged Passport which is readable (Partially damaged).
- Damaged passport which is not even recognized (Fully damaged).
Online Duplicate Passport Application Form
All the people who are applying for the Duplicate Passport have a good knowledge of How to apply for Fresh passport? This Duplicate Passport Application is also the same. But, one important thing you have to remember is, you need to select the “Reissue of Passport” when you select the Passport Application type. If you have the user id and passport to access the Offical site you can login using those or you may register now. After the registration & password just simply follow the steps below to Apply for the Duplicate passport.
How To Apply For Duplicate Passport?
- Visit the Passport Seva official website.
- Log in using the login id and password.
- Then, select the passport application type as the “Reissue.”
- Now fill the application carefully without any mistakes.
- In the next step, you have to schedule the appointment.
- After that, you can make payment through the following payment modes.
- SBI Challan.
- Internet banking.
- Debit card.
- Credit card.
- At last, the Passport acknowledgment/ File number is obtained. Keep that number safe which is needed to track the Passport Application status.
Reissue/ Duplicate Passport Application Fee
The Passport Application fees are not the same for all the application types. You need to pay the Application fee for the duplicate Passport also. So, refer the below table to view the Duplicate Passport fee.
|Reason For Reissue||Number of pages||Duplicate Passport Fee (Normal)||Duplicate Passport Fee (Tatkal)|
|Lost/ Reissue/ Stolen Passport Reissue||36 pages||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Lost/ Reissue/ Stolen Passport Reissue||60 pages||Rs. 3,500/-||Rs. 5,500/-|
Documents Required For Duplicate Passport
The duplicate Passport applicants must submit the documents along with the duplicate Application form. Check the list of documents below before you visit the Passport Seva Kendra.
- Proof of Present Address.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Original Police Report.
- Affidavit stating how & where the passport got lost/damaged (Annexure ‘F’).
- Address proof.
- Educational qualification certificates.
- Date of birth proof.
- Photocopy of 1st & last two pages of the old passport.
- Aadhar Card.
Also, read about Passport Police Verification
Duplicate Passport Status Online
Usually, you need to track the passport status to know about how many days it will take to receive the Passport. So, you can check the status of the duplicate passport on your site. Simply you can go to the homepage of our site to Trak the passport status. On the home page, you will find the passport Status, click on it and enter the passport application Type as the reissue and enter the file number. Then, within a few seconds, you can get the Reissue Passport status. Otherwise, simply click on the link below
FAQ’s On Duplicate Passport
- What is damaged passport?
1. Damaged Passport: Passport number is readable, name & Photo are clear.
2. Damaged beyond recognition.
- What should I do if I have lost my passport and I need to travel to India to an emergency like serious illness or death in the family?
If you have lost your passport during travelling, then you can come to India on the “Emergency Certificate” basis.
- What should I do if I lost my old passport?
Loss of passport should be immediately reported to the nearest Police Station or Indian Mission. Otherwise, apply for “Re-issue” of passport at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
- What is the process to apply for duplicate passport in case of lost or damaged passport?
You need to apply for the Reissue of the passport in case of lost/ stolen/ damaged. The process is same as the fresh passport.
- Is the Photocopy of the lost passport is mandatory to Apply for Reissue of the passport?
For the Reissue of the Passport, the old passport photocopy is not mandatory. If the photocopy is available you can submit.
- Is there any need to produce the details of the lost passport?
Yes, you need to produce the details of the lost passport like Passport number, Date of issue, Date of expiry, place of the issue while submitting the Passport Reissue application form.
- The old passport and the New passport contain the same Passport Number?
No, you will get a New passport number when you apply for the Reissue of the passport. The reissued passport will have a validity of 10 years.