Address Change in Passport is available now. The users who want to change the address in Passport can change here. Know the Address Change procedure and fee details before applying for a new passport. Get the Address Change Required documents before applying. Read the complete article to find out more information about Address Change in Passport.
The Passport is an individual’s identity which is given by the government. The passport contains your name, address, photo, and some other details. Some countries will not allow the persons without a passport. So, every individual should have a passport. To study in another countries passport is mandatory. Therefore, the interested students can apply now for the passport via online or offline.
Passport is an important document for all the citizens. It shows your identity and nationality. A passport contains the name, address, place, photo, signature, and other details of a person. The individuals who want to change their address in their existing passport can change here. For Address Change In Passport, you have to apply for a reissue passport application form. For the sake of people, we are providing the address change procedure, application fee details and required documents list on this page. Therefore, the people who want to know those details can follow the below sections. You can also change your address in passport according to the below steps. If you want, you can also refer the official website to know more details about Address Change In Passport.
Address Change in Passport
If a situation comes, everyone should change their address in Passport. If you shifted your home from one place to another place, then you can change your old address with the new address in the Passport. To change the address, you have to apply for the reissue passport application. The Passport Fees and the address change required documents are given below. So, follow the procedure to change your address in the passport.
Offline Process for Address Change
- Go to any Passport Seva Kendra.
- Take an application form from the counter.
- Fill the application form without any mistakes.
- After filling the form, submit it at the counter.
- Pay the application fee in the form of Cash.
- Book your appointment through online.
- Attend for the verification within time.
- When they called your number, go to the verification process.
- Finally, your passport is sent to your new address through courier.
The individuals who want to change the address through Offline can follow the above steps. It is similar to the reissue of passport. So, you can utilize the mentioned steps to change the address in Passport.
Address Change in Passport Online Process
- First of all, you have a login account in Passport Seva website.
- If you have an account, you can directly login with your Login ID and Password.
- If you don’t have a login ID, then register now.
- Select a Passport office which is near to your location.
- Submit your personal details like name, date of birth, etc.
- Register now by creating a Login ID and Password.
- An active link is sent to your Email ID.
- Click that link to activate your account.
- Once the account is activated, you can apply for Re-issue of passport.
- Download the application form and fill it.
- Verify that all the entered details are right or wrong.
- If the details are correct, then click on submit button.
- Pay the application fee as per the payment methods.
- Attend the verification process according to the appointment dates.
- Finally, you will receive your Passport with the new address via courier.
If you want to know the Online Process of Address Change in a passport, follow the above steps. We are providing the Passport Address Change online process in the following sections. So, the individuals who want to change their passport address through online can use the above steps.
Also, check Passport Status
Passport Application Fee Payment Methods
People who applied for Re-issue Passport Application have to pay the application fee. If you applied through offline, the payment should be in cash only. The users have to pay the Passport Application Fee at Passport Seva Kendra. To book the appointment for verification, you have to pay the application fee. If you applied for Address Change In Passport application through online, you have to pay the pay the application fee through online only. The methods of Online payments are given below. Therefore, the applicants of Address Change In Passport can follow the below methods to pay the application fee.
|Payment Modes||Accepted Providers||Tax Charges|
|Credit Card||Master Card or VISA||1.5% + Service Tax|
|Debit card||VISA/ Master Card||1.5% + Service Tax|
|Internet Banking||Associate Banks and SBI||No Charges|
|SBI Challan||You can deposit the fee at any branch of SBI within 85 days after 3 hours of the challan generation||No Charges|
Note: The payments are non-refundable transactions. If in a case of multiple transactions are made on the same ARN, the Passport Seva Kendra will deal the claims.
How to Make an Appointment for Passport Verification
- Once the Application process and Fee payments are completed, you can book the schedule for Appointment.
- When the payment is in processing, you can check your payment status.
- If you pay the fee through challan, you have to wait for 2 days from the day of the payment.
- If the payment is processed, you can book the appointment for verification.
- Select a passport office which is near to your location.
- Finally, confirm your appointment.
Many people don’t know how to make the appointment for the verification process. Therefore, we are providing some steps to guide you to make an appointment for passport verification. Hence, follow the above steps to know those details.
Documents Required For Address Change in Passport
- Old Original Passport.
- A Copy of the online application.
- Payment Receipt or Challan Receipt Copy.
- Passport first two pages and last two pages self-attested copies.
- ECR or Non-ECR page self-attested copy.
- Page observation self-attested copy which is made by the passport issuing authority.
- A validity extension page copy in a case of short validity passport.
- Address Proof
- Aadhar Card.
- VoterID or Election Commission Photo.
- Water Bill.
- Telephone or Mobile Bill.
- Electricity Bill.
- Gas Connection Proof.
- Spouse’s passport copies.
- A copy of parent’s passport.
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- A photocopy of Current Bank Account Passbook.
The above are the required documents which are needed at the time of submitting the application form. So, check the above list and gather all the documents before applying for Changing address in Passport application or re-issue of passport application.
To know more details about the passport required documents check the link – Documents For Passport
Passport Address Change Fees
|Less than 15 years||All||Rs.1000||Rs.3000|
|15 to 18 years||5 years / until the age of 18 years||Rs.1000||Rs.3000|
|10 years (36 pages)||Rs.1500||Rs.3500|
|60 pages(10 years)||Rs.2000||Rs.4000|
|18 years and Above 18 years||36 pages (10 years)||Rs.1500||Rs.3500|
|60 pages (10 years)||Rs.2000||Rs.4000|
The above table shows the fee details of the Address Change in Passport. So, the people who want to change their address in Passport have to know the application fee details. The fee details are clearly given in the tabular columns. By seeing the above table, the individuals can get an idea of the application fee. You can also check the below link to know more details about Passport application fee details.